Thursday, October 14, 2010

A "Crisp" Fall Wreath

I'll explain the "crisp" reference in a bit. But first, here's my fall wreath. 


My girl Teresa and I whipped this up during our lunch break at work. She had sent me a link to another blogger who had done a variation of it. There's a complete tutorial online telling you how to make it. They created it with a starfish embellishment. Too cute. I can see a starfish in this wreath's future - after the pumpkins and turkeys have been put away.


Now, on to the "crisp" portion of this post. I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but someone I got a new camera!!!

Woo-to-the-hoo! 

It was an early Christmas present to myself. I've been adamant about getting a new camera for some time and I just decided to bite the bullet after I'd done about 200 hours of research. It's a long, long story but basically I walked in the store looking for a Canon Rebel XS and walked out with a Sony A230

I'm not about to start passing out photography advice so I'm not able to discuss the tech stuff with you - yet. But, I'll get there. I want to get to a point where I can take a great picture and know the how's and why's of how it got there. In the meantime I'm still using the automatic settings. 

Here's a few examples of my other projects that I decided to snap a little "do-over" photo, since their last shots were with my newly-retired point and shoot. 



And, guess what else made my day? My jars came in today! Still not sure what's going to happen to these. They may just sit on this ledge for a few days until they get moved 150 times when they find their final home. The lighting and stuff isn't exactly right with this either. It still looks too bright to me, but we're only about 6hrs in. I'll figure it out.


So, home improvement projects may take a temporary backseat while I play photographer for a little while. Or, at least until I figure out what in the world Aperture and ISO means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of excellent reading here, thanks! I was browsing on yahoo when I discovered your article, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to a lot more from you.