Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm a "Lobbyist"

Yes. For a living I am a registered lobbyist and work at the legislature on issues important to my organization. But, we've talked enough about politics lately and this isn't the place to open that can of worms.

In my free time I'm a really big fan of the other "lobby" - Hobby Lobby. I'm not happy about the fact that there isn't a Hobby Lobby in Raleigh. However, my pocketbook is very happy. 

Luckily, there is one in Greensboro and I was there visiting Megan this weekend. We were working on a little project that I can NOT wait to tell you all about. But, for now I'm only authorized to give you sneak peak.

That would be a crib skirt for Lily James!

We were out picking up some last minute items and returning some ribbon we didn't need. We may or may not have been distracted once we got there. They had their Christmas stuff out and we couldn't get enough!

It's Megan's fault that I'm addicted to Christmas ornaments. She loves giving them and receiving them. Her mom collected Christopher Radko's and got me into starting my own collection. You can read all about that in one of my very first posts

They had tons of cute ornaments like this little Santa. 


Wouldn't these make great gifts for someone? I think these frames would really dress up a tree. 


What you didn't see is that all of the ornaments were an additional 50% off. That would have only been $2. Not bad. 

They also have the best selection of wrapping paper that I have ever seen. Better than Target, TJ Maxx or the neighborhood school kids. The were so cute and frame worthy, plus you get 100 yards on every roll for just $7.99. That's enough paper for me to wrap every gift I give this season. They were organized by colors. 


After we dropped a little bit of the other kind of green paper we ventured on to do some more shopping. 

There's a great store called Fleet Plummer. More cute ornaments and decorative stuff for the holidays. 


I have no idea why, but these elf's made me laugh. They are too funny!


So did this! If you can read the text it says - "Three Wise Women would have asked directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, cleaned the stables, brought practical gifts and there would be Peace on Earth."  So very true. 


Then I found these sock monkey ornaments for kids trees. They are super cute and may be the inspiration for my next batch of sock monkeys.


This was the only one that came home with me from Fleet Plummer. My boyfriend loves duck hunting maybe more than he loves me. He promised we could put a tree up at his house and I could decorate it however I wanted to. I figured he deserved a duck ornament in return. ;)

I can't wait for the holidays... 46 days and counting!

I'm not getting paid $$ or getting good things in return for my enthusiastic endorsement of Hobby Lobby. Just spreading the word about one of my favorite stores. 

No comments: