Thursday, November 11, 2010

November Showers....

...bring January babies!!!

Megan's due date is getting closer so some of our girlfriends and I threw her a shower last weekend. The food was good and she got some really great gifts, but the best part was getting to spend some time with some of my favorite people.


Holly opened up her new house for the party. Megan's sister-in-law and friend Chrystie, and our friends Kristin and Melissa also helped host the party.


There wasn't a lack of food and good stuff.



Chrystie (pictured) made this super cute carriage for the fruit. It matched the invitations. Only at baby showers can you get away with stuff like this. 


Kristin pulled a Martha Stewart on the cupcakes. They were so good! And Melissa brought the lilies - in honor of Miss Lily James, of course. 


I tried my hand at Bakerella's cake pops. I'd give them a 6 out of 10. The tasted great and looked ok. But, I've got a little way to go on piping letters. Definitely not a professional on that one yet.  

Here are some shots from the party...


Kristin's having a little girl in February! 


My girlfriend Karla brought her new baby girl Parker. She never got put down the entire party. We played pass the baby. 


Becky made Megan super cute burp cloths - one thing you can never have enough of. 


Holly's dog Ozzie watched over the gifts. He's part dog, part human. 


It was a great party. I can't wait to see Lily James in all of her cute things. 

It was also a good time for me. I found myself watching all of my girlfriends talk about their relationships, their husbands and now babies. It's a very surreal experience watching the girls you used to go out to bars with during college transition into motherhood. I'm so thankful we've all remained so close through the years and that I get to watch us have daughters of our own.

No comments: