Friday, March 26, 2010

The holy grail of mixers

It's official - I haven't blogged since December because I have become slightly obsessed with every other blog online. It's either A) I can't seem to find the time or, B) I fear I'm not nearly as clever or crafty as all of these other women.


However, these blogs haven't just made me a slacker when it comes to blogging, they've also inspired me to get a bit more creative and domestic. My most favorite blogger, Darby (Fly Through Our Window) is quite the bargain shopper and shows off some of her great finds. I love this. It gives me validation that it really is ok to be as "thrifty" as I've always been. There are others out there like me who love a good deal and would rather tell you about my $5 shoes on the clearance rack at Target than to confess that I spent entirely too much money on a pair of jeans.

So, imagine my overflowing excitement when I found this beauty yesterday on Craigslist...



Oh my goodness - yes, that is the Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer in white, with all of the attachments! These bad boys retail for $349 and up until yesterday I've always thought I'd have to wait my turn to have one. I've always thought you had to wait until marriage to receive such a prize. For me I've been waiting for that more than the diamond, the party or the man. I wanted this mixer, but couldn't wrap my mind around spending that sort of money on "art" for my kitchen. But, imagine my surprise when I found this online for only $100! Woo hoo. Unfortunately for the seller it was a bitter memory of her marriage that was ending and she needed to part with it. It was a wedding gift from his sister. (See I told you the Kitchenaid Mixer is THE wedding gift).

I've got so many recipes I want to try... breads, cakes - maybe even pasta when I get really good. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be good for my diet! But, more than that I'm pretty excited that I've bought myself my own special gift and I didn't wait for any certain right of passage before I allowed myself to have it.

More to come, I have to go do some baking!

Angel Lush - easy, sweet and oh so good!



No comments: