Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Update on Someone Else's Kitchen

Whitney and I have been hard at work on our projects around the house. I feel like I've had a paint brush in my hand any chance I have a free second. We've completed painting the entire downstairs and have moved upstairs to the guest bedrooms. But, we've hit a wall.


At times I've felt like hanging this on the blog and checking back later.

Here's the problem - We're officially over painting. Perhaps its because I've tried to do it all at once, but I've had all I can take for a little while. I had big plans to finish both the guest bedroom and master bedroom before my girlfriend's come into town this weekend, but that's not going to happen. Hopefully, they'll overlook the plain white walls and less than exciting decor in their room. Whitney is having a guy's weekend at the beach house so I'm hosting a girl's weekend at his house. I'm in need of some girl time and hope they'll help me with some suggestions for decor. I've been collecting fabric samples for a month now and I've got to start picking out drapes, window boxes, etc.

In the meantime, I saw Erika's posts (from Urban Grace Interiors) about her own little kitchen remodeling project and it made me feel like I wasn't alone. I've mentioned her before when I was drooling over her nursery. She's also the twin sister to my blogger girl crush, Darby. (It's amazing how blogs can make you feel like you know someone you've never met.)

She posted her before pictures this week of her own remodeling project and I felt like I was staring at our own mess.


I would swear this was Whitney's house if I didn't know better. Granted we haven't taken off the cabinet doors (yet), but it feels like we've had the same piles of stuff staring at us for months now. I've politely invited friends to meet us out for dinner instead of having them over. 


And, while Whitney has become quite the sheet rock repairman, this isn't exactly what your friends have in mind when you invite them over for a good time. But, I would like to take this opportunity to say how much fun it has been to see Whitney get so good at something he didn't have a clue about before we got started. He now owns his own sheet rock knife, knows how to patch holes and can spread mud with the best of them! 

But, until I'm ready to post pics of my own before/after I'll leave you with these. We can drool over her kitchen together. Maybe I could hire Erika to come and finish our projects. 



No comments: